JUNIOR ACCOUNT CONSULTANT (STARTING SUMMER 2023) – LONDON
Permanent, full time
We are recruiting for a Junior Account Consultant to join our London office in the summer of 2023, to work on our global client accounts. We are looking for graduate level candidates, who can hit the ground running and work across the business contributing to research, marketing and business development.
Successful candidates will be bright, motivated, capable of working well under pressure and have an interest in world affairs. You will be able to quickly grasp a range of complex policy and client issues. You will be focused and committed, with excellent writing and analysis skills, the ability to work well in multiple teams, and have a creative mindset. This is a permanent, full-time role and may require some international travel.
Monitoring and Analysis
- Maintaining and updating a comprehensive ‘client monitoring matrix’, incorporating all required sources (press, parliamentary, on-line, EU, NGO, etc.) search terms, frequency, distribution, etc.
- Media monitoring including conducting daily Google News and Factiva searches for current and potential clients; conducting searches on relevant on-line sites and sources (blogs etc.) and liaising with specialist on-line monitoring providers as required; analysing and distributing summaries to clients using a specified template.
- To help in the production of key account documents (e.g. advisory/briefing notes; briefing reports; speeches; and presentations).
- Attending meetings and recording minutes/action points.
New Business and Marketing
- To contribute to and initiate new ideas and fresh thinking on client strategies and tactics.
- Helping to organise and attending marketing and networking events.
- Continually looking for opportunities to develop their own and the company's business network, building relationships and maintaining database information for future use.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience or an interest in communications, public affairs, politics, or media.
- Proven experience of working in teams and contributing to the development and delivery of the team objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable interest in UK and international media, politics, or business.
- Online and social media experience.
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work across multiple accounts and juggle competing deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player; willing to ‘pitch in’ and help out.
- Although not mandatory, complete fluency in a second language would be a strong advantage (French, German, Arabic, Spanish).
WHAT WE OFFER
Project Associates offers a generous compensation package which includes competitive remuneration, discretionary bonuses, a companywide profit-sharing scheme, a pension scheme, fully-funded private medical insurance, and 25 days holiday per annum. We operate a hybrid working policy and are proud to offer enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
We are a dynamic, diverse, and fast-growing company which believes in supporting our team members both professionally and personally. In addition to our teams in London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, New York, Washington DC and Nairobi, we have an Associate network of global leaders and experts in their fields who employees have the chance to work with and learn from.
Project Associates has a friendly, non-hierarchical company culture with regular social events and a flexible working environment. We actively encourage employees to travel between our different offices and spend time getting to know colleagues in each country, as well as the cultures within which they operate. We have a formalised secondment scheme in place and due to the international nature of our clients, opportunities to travel are regularly available.
Moreover, we give all our employees a high degree of autonomy and responsibility early on in their careers, accelerating their progression to the benefit of both the individual and the company. This is especially important because the pace of the work is often fast, in line with the critical issues and events we are involved in. We are a privately-owned family business, and our strength is in our people.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Junior Account Consultant – Summer 2023”. In your cover letter please include confirmation of your notice period (if any), current salary (if any), salary expectations and whether you are legally entitled to work in the UK. Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
We value diversity and aim for our workforce to be representative of all sections of society. Our recruitment process is competency based and no applicant will be discriminated against regardless of their age, colour, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
Job title: Junior Account Consultant
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) plus benefits
Length of contact: Permanent full time
Posting date: 10th February 2023